25.5.14

ANTI-SUMMER INSPIRATION


If only it was fall year-round. I really try to embrace the effortless and weather appropriate looks, cuts, and textiles for spring, but I feel like I am always falling for fall silhouettes. Don't get me wrong, the spring/summer creations from the likes of Celine and Zara are delicious and I can't help wanting everything. Let's just say I can't go very long without stumbling upon a Fall 2014 show or lookbook and becoming infatuated with the familiar textiles and silhouettes that speak home to me.

I came across London based Barbara Casasola's Winter 2014 Collection and the looks have become instant inspiration for me. The monochromatic palette and strong menswear influences tailor this collection completely to my liking, and the additions of deep plums and striking magentas give the looks an exciting culture. I've included some of the pieces below that have been feeding my muse bank. If only a floor length trench was acceptable in sweltering June. 









Photos courtesy of barbaracasasola.com


What has been inspiring you lately? 

xoxo,
Ben Green




4 comments:

  1. "If only a floor length trench was acceptable in sweltering June." Hahaha, well in New York, you will definitely be surprised! The weather is such a roller-coaster that you probably might end up needing a trench coat one day!!

    I see that along with feeling nostalgic towards the fall season, you also incorporated the minimalism concept into this post, which is such a fascinating style. I cannot help but keep looking back at Casasola's all-black one piece look, it is so fierce. Don't you just wish you could grab some of these outfits out of the screen? Hahaha.

    As for me, I have always been inspired by tribal-esque and culture-inspired pieces during the summertime. Maybe it's the sun that makes me feel like I'm in a tropical island or something... Either way I love it. There are these Indonesian shirts that are called "Baju Barong" in which they are super thin shirts with a Barong dragon on it that is TO DIE FOR. I suggest you look them up! They're super cute, flowy, and comfortable as a fluffy pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for that roller-coaster weather!!

      I think that is also what I love so much about fall fashion, the minimalism. Of course summer definitely embraces that trend as well, but autumn fashion definitely does it with my favorite colors and textiles. If we could pick clothes out of a screen, you and me both would have NO room for it all!

      I am definitely going to check out those shirts! Thank you so much for sharing that!

      Chat with you soon!

      xoxo,
      Ben Green

      Delete
  2. I missed you soo so bad!!!
    Despite the fact that it may sound awkward, YOU are my inspiration. I drew inspiration from you in several areas of my life out of which the social one is the most important. I'm currently involved in helping lonely and unhappy gay teenage boys manage with their life(parents, love, friends). I am a loving friend for all gay teens that need help... all thanks to you. Soon I will join the str8 ally. I love you and I will always support you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Although you are a fighter and never complained about anything, I read between the lines and realised that you've faced hardships in your childhood all because you are different. Trust me, I would have given the world to be your friend throughout those hard moments.

      Delete